Top 10 Places to have an Elopement in Savannah Ga:
When I think about an “elopement”, images come to my mind of small, intimate gatherings – maybe somewhere between 2 and 20 at a local square or bed and breakfast – with the couple in love being surrounded by friends and family and live oaks. Savannah wedding vendors understand that you can elope anywhere but we strongly recommend 5 reasons why you should elope here in the Hostess City. If you already have your mind made up to get beautiful wedding photos in our stunning city then I can help you with some local places and how much time you’ll need.
I suggest just 2 or 3 hours for your elopement. The couple only needs a few “getting ready photos” then a 15 min ceremony, maybe save 15 mins for the cake and toast and then about an hour to go to Forsyth Park. I always remind my couples that they will be telling people that they were married in Savannah – not at the local B&B so I encourage them that after their ceremony to get out of the courtyard or historic parlor and go to a local square or historic site. Showing off your elopement wedding photos in front of Forsyth Park allows your friends and family to connect back with Savannah since that is the most iconic square in our city. In fact, if you just Google “Savannah, GA”, you’ll see images of our white fountain – sitting in the middle of Forsyth Park, the water is always dyed vibrant green in March for our biggest annual St. Patrick’s Day parade!
Being a photographer in our beautiful city of Savannah, Ga, I have seen thousands of intimate ceremonies all over Savannah and I was thinking that I could easily make a top ten list of all the best places to have an elopement. I have included some out-of-the-ordinary places that you might not have even considered.
Hopefully, this list will help give you ideas and get you really excited about having your elopement in Savannah, Ga! These are in no particular order.
- American Prohibition Museum: When you step through our doors you are transported back to the 1920s. Their speakeasy creates a unique environment for your event. They can do everything from private cocktail classes, bachelor/bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, elopements, and much more! They even cater to each individual event. American Prohibition Wedding – Photo by Dream Weaver Photos
- Forsyth Park Inn: For small weddings, you will be amazed at the Forsyth Park Inn. In these top ten places to elope, this venue is the closest walk to Forsyth Park, in addition, you can enjoy a ceremony in their uniquely romantic atmosphere within the privacy of a small historic Savannah styled courtyard garden. A destination wedding in Savannah at the Forsyth Park Inn is perfect for small intimate celebrations with a few guests or larger celebrations up to 45 for your friends and family. Their Savannah wedding experts will let you spend quality time with your guests in a beautiful historic home overlooking Forsyth Park. Wedding coordinator, Bobbie Jo, is available to help you plan the perfect destination wedding. They specialize in packages ranging from small elopements to grand ceremonies at an unbeatable price. Their packages include all the wedding day essentials which you can customize to your heart’s content. They will remove the stress of planning and coordinating your special day. Their experienced team has a strong partnership with reputable local vendors to help make your wedding come together seamlessly. They have even planned a wedding in under two weeks because of those close partnerships!
- Kehoe House: The Kehoe House has held the honor of being #1 among 118 Savannah hotels on TripAdvisor for more than three years and one of our favorite Top Ten Places to Elope in Savannah. In 2017, 2018, and 2019 the house was awarded top honors as the best small hotel, best hotel for romance, and top hotel for service in the United States. We specialize in wedding and elopement packages and would be honored to be a part of your wedding day. Features:
• 13 intimate & unique historic guest rooms
• Savannah-Style gourmet breakfast from an extensive made-to-order menu
• Silver-tray breakfast room service available
• Outdoor dining options in our garden
• Afternoon hors d’oeuvres & wine from 5-7 pm
• Desserts & coffee each evening
• Freshly baked cookies at turndown
• Superior concierge service & itinerary assistance
• Award-winning customer service
Kehoe House wedding / elopement courtyard
4. McMillian Inn: This lovingly restored, 1888 Italianate Revival Inn awaits your romantic rendezvous with that special someone in your life. Centrally located in the Historic District, the McMillan Inn is part of the fabric of “America’s best pedestrian city” ~ a truly wonderful place to either explore… or simply hideaway. Elegance, value, and Victorian charm are yours to enjoy here at the McMillan Inn. If your wedding is less than 10, this is the perfect place to have your elopement at the McMillan Inn This is the perfect place to celebrate an anniversary, honeymoon, special occasion or just get away and immerse yourself in complete relaxation surrounded with all the comforts of home.
courtyard at McMillan Inn
5. Gastonian: From a private elopement for two to wedding accommodations for 34, The Gastonian offers packages for your dream wedding.
It’s also the perfect place for your guests to call home during their visit to Savannah. The Gastonian’s features and amenities include:
• 15 Beautiful Historic Guest Rooms + 2 Large Suites
• Savannah-Style Gourmet breakfast from our extensive made-to-order breakfast menu
• Silver-tray breakfast room service available
• Afternoon hors d’oeuvres & wine from 5-7 pm
• Desserts & Coffee each evening
• Turn down service & Bell Staff Service
• Wedding & Elopement specialists to assist
6. Red Gate Farms: Red Gate Farms is just 6 miles from historic downtown Savannah and offers 3 beautiful venues. Each venue offers a unique style. The Barn with its authentic barn style has been named Best of the Best wedding venue two years in a row. The Grainery with its industrial farmhouse look was just named the best venue in Savannah. The Belle Tower is the traditional Southern home with wrap around porches and breathtaking views. The Farm is graced by tons of Live Oaks draped in Spanish Moss which is every Savannah couple’s dream. All 3 venues are located near our beautiful lakes and offer beautiful backdrops for any event but especially weddings.
7. Savannah River Boat Cruises : Wow your guests with a unique Savannah location, outstanding food, and a one-of-a-kind celebration!! Having an elopement on a boat in Savannah Ga will blow your guests away! Your cruise and event specialist will help you plan a menu, decor, and entertainment that will exceed your highest expectations. Each wedding ceremony, reception, party or dinner aboard one of our beautifully appointed riverboats is carefully choreographed, exquisitely presented and masterfully produced down to the last detail. After all, your wedding day is a romantic celebration that should always be treasured! Your ceremony will take place on one of the outdoor decks overlooking world-famous River Street. After your wedding ceremony is over, family and guests can stroll from the ceremony to the waiting reception without the worry of traveling across town.
8. The Clyde : Their classic design makes the Clyde a versatile canvas for your wedding. With a max capacity of 200 seated and 300 standing, they can accommodate your large party size indoors. When it comes to having an elopement – the Clyde will work perfectly for you. The Clyde is like the perfect date because it looks naturally beautiful with no makeup but when dressed up it’s sure to be a show stopper! Their packages are sure to make your wedding day easy with long rental periods, included tables and chairs, and experienced staff on hand during every event.
9. National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force: What an exciting time for you…planning your wedding! The Rotunda is there largest room and it is impressive– with soaring 30’ ceilings, it is a circular room 90’ in diameter decorated with flags from all 50 states. Sweeping staircases frame the perfect entrance for the Bride and Groom and Bridal Party. The Rotunda seats up to 260 guests. The Art Gallery is a beautiful room, home to the Museum’s private collection of aviation art and can accommodate 130 guests. The High Wycombe Room, smaller and more intimate, seating 80, has recently been redecorated with beautiful gold mirrors and botanical prints. Their rental fees include 4 or 5 hours, all tables and chairs, the set up and breakdown, onsite manager and day of event coordination. Their beautiful Chapel, nestled in the Memorial Gardens, accommodates up to 120 guests and our Gardens are available for breathtaking photos ~ with a reflecting pond, several gazebos and vine trimmed archways you are sure to capture the beauty of the day. They offer complimentary rehearsal time and a bridal dressing room.
The Marshall House offers elegant and effortless small wedding and elopement packages in Savannah. From a private, intimate ceremony for just the two of you to a small wedding with up to 20 guests, The Marshall House has four packages that promise a stress-free and fabulous event. The hotel is also the perfect place for your guests to stay.
• 65 Very Unique Historic Guest Rooms; 3 Spacious Suites
• Unique & Fun Balcony Rooms above Broughton St
• Savannah Wedding & Elopement specialists
• History Talk Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday
• Live Music Twice a Week (days vary)
• Doors open up to Broughton Street shopping
• Wine & Cheese served in the Library every afternoon
• Complimentary Coffee & Lemonade in library all day
• Free WiFi throughout the hotel
• Elevator & Accessible Rooms
• 45 Bistro Restaurant & Bar